This page is intended to provide students and parents with information on some of the scholarships and bursaries that are available. No list of scholarships could possibly be complete. Treat this information as a starting point, not as a final destination.
- Student Aid - Student Loans and Information
- Alberta Learning Information Service - Paying for Post-Secondary School
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarships - online application and information
- Scholarship Connections - ALIS Online scholarship data base
- Scholarships Canada - over $160,000,000 worth of awards
- Yconic - scholarships, money and support for students
- Student Scholarships - largest scholarship database on the web
- AUCC -Higher Education Scholarships
- Aboriginal Student Awards - Awards and Bursaries search tool
- Registered Apprenticeship Program Scholarships -info for RAP and CTS students
- International Scholarships
Searching and applying for scholarships is time consuming. Be prepared to put in the work required, it pays off in the end.
Watch deadlines! Apply, apply, apply!!
Scholarships typically fall into three major categories:
- Merit: Based on student's academic, artistic, volunteer, leadership, community service or other forms of extra-curricular activity.
- Need: Based on students who require, and can demonstrate financial need.
- Student Specific: For students from minority groups, or who have identified a special need, a specific skill or an affiliation or hobbie.
Keep your marks, athletics, leadership and volunteer work at an outstanding level and stay positive. Give references enough time and information to write great reference letters. You know you are awesome, believe in yourself!
Scholarship Scams, How do I avoid them?
Scam Warning Signs:
- you have to pay a fee
- they ask for a credit card or bank account number
- they have a logo of your bank or credit card company
- make claims that seem too good to be true
Never give out you Social Security Number or PIN Numbers
© Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools